Katie Patterson is the CEO of the company, Happy Medium which was founded in Des Moines, IA in 2010. Happy Medium is a digital interactive advertising agency that has grown over 784% in the last 3 years. With a team of 18 people, they have also invented their first product, the Happy Board. Katie speaks about her journey in becoming a successful business as well as tips she gives to anybody out there with a creative idea.
- Where did you get started with the idea of Happy Medium?
- What were the biggest struggles of growing this business?
- What is the next step for Happy Medium? More locations?
- How do you see social media changing in the future?
- Which platform is preferred in social media?
- What are your top tips for utilizing SEO?
- How do you balance work and personal life?
- What would be a top book or resource?
- What are your final tips?
Key Topics Discussed:
- Journey of Happy Medium
- Reasoning on why you need a team
- Social Media affecting the world
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Balance the life of an entrepreneur
Top 3 Tips for Anybody
- Gender doesn’t matter when being an entrepreneur
- Take the risk in starting your own business
- Don’t forget about your own value
Connect With Our Guest