Want to learn how to get to winning status in 100 days?
John Lee Dumas talks podcasting, email marketing, things that scale (and don’t), and how to use The Mastery Journal to master productivity, discipline, and focus in 100 days.
A few highlights from this interview include:
– When I first met JLD and why I was in a garage at the time.
– $453k in 33 days!
– Why did John start a podcast? He shares all!
– Well over 40 million listens to date – wow!
– Tips and tricks that JLD recommends to help you with your podcast.
– How you can make sharing your podcast easy for the guest.
– What is “UVD” and how is it so critical, especially today?
– What is the “John Lee Dumas” effect?
– Who is Peter Voogd and why does JLD admire him?
– Should you start “broad” for a new podcast show?
– Joint Ventures and the fruits that can come of it. For example, JLD shares how he made 6-figures from just one webinar with Click Funnels’ founder Russell Brunson.
– A time when a guest made John think in a totally different way.
– John’s advice for getting help and only focusing on your strengths.
– The inspiration for the Mastery Journal.
– What is John’s life’s work and how was it a way to improve?
– John’s (surprising) last words of advice he would want to impart on his kids and everyone else.
John Lee Dumas (@JohnLeeDumas) is an entrepreneur, author, and podcast host.
He has been able to turn EOFire into a multi-million dollar business over the past 5 years and has a passion of helping others grow their business and online presence through his podcast, trainings, and books (including: Podcast Launch, The Freedom Journal, and The Mastery Journal).
EOFire has featured incredible entrepreneurs including Tony Robbins, Gary Vaynerchuk, Seth Godin, Tim Ferriss, and over 1550 others…including me for several episodes! Most recently, I was on episode 1556.
- “Try to gain a good relationship with the people who come on the show.” – Brandon T. Adams
- “We just broke 2 million listens for the first time in a month.” – JLD
- “Back in 2012, I launched EOFire as the first and only daily podcast interviewing successful entrepreneurs.” – JLD
- “And guess what? I was ready to quit…but it worked, it clicked, and it grew.” – JLD
- “So much luck is involved with entrepreneurs.” – JLD
- “I’m not even giving them other options…” – JLD
- “Email moves the needle.” – JLD
- “It may not be podcasting, but if you continuously work hard, you’re going to eventually hit your so-called luck one day.” – Brandon T. Adams
- “‘Who am I going to serve as an individual? And how can I start a movement of 1?’ And that 1 person will turn into 2, into 4, into 8 as you start to build up initial momentum.” – JLD
- “In 2017, don’t start broad.” – JLD
- “I continuously do things that don’t scale.” – JLD
- “Doing things that don’t scale allows you to to get information to scale.” – JLD
- “When you’re building the right habits and right rituals because of the structure you have, you just keep winning and it keeps compounding in the right direction.” – JLD
- “I feel like The Mastery Journal is my best work. I really do.” – JLD
Mentions in the Episode
- The Mastery Journal
- The Freedom Journal
- Young Entrepreneur Convention
- Go to EOFire.com/crib to see JLD’s amazing place in Puerto Rico!
- Podcasters’ Paradise
- Russell Brunson of ClickFunnels
- Dotcom Secrets book
- FunnelOnFire.com free course
- Peter Voogd
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Daily Vee Show
- The Power of Habit
- Influencer Accelerator: Brandontadams.com/accelerator
- Support The Mastery Journal’s Kickstarter campaign!
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Snap me! @btadams18
Tell me your goals and I will snap you back.