Venture capitalist. UN Youth Ambassador. HuffPo contributor. TEDx speaker. Fortune 500 consultant. All by age 19. What’s your excuse again?
Today, I talk in depth with Swish and he interviews me back for part of the show! Lots of great lessons to be learned from this incredible, young entrepreneur from Canada.
A few highlights from this interview include:
– Why this ‘interview’ is a bit different.
– Check out the new branding with LivetoGrind.com
– Influencer Accelerator Academy – boom!
– How I connected with our amazing guest.
– How Swish got started as a venture capitalist.
– Two key things Swish has learned by putting himself out there.
– What is a great way to put yourself out there?
– How to put yourself out there and what can come out of it.
– The original story of Ambitious Adventures T.V. show.
– How I got to meet Jeff Hoffman of Priceline.com and Kevin Harrington of Shark Tank.
– How a single tweet or email could honestly change your life.
– How to stay highly driven.
– Swish’s big goals, even in politics.
– How to become Prime Minister in Canada.
– One thing entrepreneurship has taught Swish.
– What is the weird false perception that some people have toward business?
– How Swish will soon be working with Gary Vaynerchuk.
– What is the greatest question Swish has had trouble answering?
– Swish’s best advice for young entrepreneurs.
Manu (Swish) Goswami is a 19 year old sophomore from Toronto, Canada studying at the University of Toronto. Swish is a serial tech entrepreneur and innovator, UN Youth Ambassador, Huffington Post contributor, LinkedIn campus editor, early stage tech investor, and TEDx speaker. He is one of the world’s youngest venture capitalist as a Business Development Associate at JB Fitzgerald Venture Capital.
In his role he has consulted with Fortune 500 companies on promoting investments in the digital media space. Swish is currently planning on working in New York this summer and is focusing his energy on growing his wearable tech startup Technotronics (in partnership with NBA player Trevor Booker), RafikiMedia, The Next Foundry, and FoodShare.
He has been notably featured on The Huffington Post, Canadian Student Business Review, and Influencive. He won Startup Canada’s Young Entrepreneur of the Year award, Strategy Magazine’s Social Innovator of the Year, the United Nation’s Outstanding Youth Leadership Award, and Plan Canada’s Top 20 under 20 award.
Recently, Swish was recognized as the “Face and Future of Canadian Entrepreneurship” by UPS Canada.
- “Entrepreneurship is something I was geared towards from a very young age.”
- “My dad has been instrumental.”
- “I’m following a path that’s unconventional.”
- “I love the fact that I’m able to dictate every day of my life.”
- “People have one of two problems….”
- “I think it’s people’s role to talk.”
- “If you hadn’t brought it up, I wouldn’t have brought it out either.”
- “I learned to grasp onto narratives, onto stories, onto lessons I’ve learned.”
- “People who are going to talk shit about you will talk shit about you either way.”
- “The people who you’re trying to cater to sometimes aren’t even important in your life and I don’t know why we care about them or give them more value than they deserve.”
- “A team is everything.” – Brandon T. Adams
- “Hope is bullshit.” – Brandon T. Adams
- “A lot of young entrepreneurs…put obstacles upon themselves they don’t need to in the first place.”
- “I was super persistent and very clear with what my goals were.”
- “Go and do things.”
- “Just start small projects. Start somewhere.”
- “Understand that Facebook was an accident…. Coke started out as cough syrup…. Adapting is key.”
Mentions in the Episode
- Influencer Accelerator Academy
- Jennifer Spencer of Accelerant PR
- Arctic Stick
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Jeff Hoffman of Priceline.com
- Kevin Harrington of Shark Tank
- Accelerant Magazine – coming soon!
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Grant Cardone
- Swish’s video interview with Gary Vaynerchuk
- Influencer Accelerator: LivetoGrind.com/influencer
- Email: email@example.com
- Snap me! @btadams18 – Tell me your goals and I will snap you back.