Do you have an idea that you want to take to market?
This episode shows you how to get your product on the shelves. Get expert advice from Christina Kalsan with The Product Gurus! She has taken over 1,000 products to market, manages a $2 BILLION territory, and is the ultimate expert to learn from.
How do you sell on Amazon? How do you get into Walmart? We go through all this and more!
A few highlights from this interview include:
– How Christina and I met.
– Christina’s background as a child of immigrants growing up in Chicago (and learning 4 languages!).
– What you can do to get your product on the shelves of stores like Walmart or Target. What are they looking for?
– Some tips for selling your product with online retailers like Amazon, QVC and HSN.
– Mention of the Lightbulb to Launch course (with 48 videos!), which can help you get your product to market.
– What would be the perfect pitch to a retailer like Walmart.
– Why it is important to develop a product based on the needs of the market.
– How to make your product stand out on the shelf.
– Some of the questions that potential buyers might ask.
– How to get a product on the shelf, and more importantly, how to get it off the shelf.
– Why you must have a marketing plan for every product that you intend to sell.
– The importance of product packaging.
– Strategies to make your product stand out on the shelf.
– Clever ways to cross-merchandise your product.
– How to find a buyer for your particular product.
– How you can make the Amazon marketplace do work for you.
– A step-by-step approach to take your idea to market.
– Christina’s advice to young women who are looking to get into entrepreneurship.
Christina Kalsan comes to us as a seasoned sales and marketing professional who works as a product development expert at The Product Gurus. Christina has taken over 1,000 products to market and is currently in control of a $2 billion dollar territory. Christina has worked with companies like Walmart, Target, Best Buy, and Bed Bath & Beyond, as well as online retailers like Amazon, QVC, and HSN.
Christina, her business partner Linda, and I co-created the Lightbulb to Launch course to support new entrepreneurs that need help getting their ideas to market. Christina has a proven success rate for closing deals and delivering results.
- “I became very aware of what sells and what doesn’t.”
- “I love being in front of a buyer, pitching to them, and really understanding what makes them tick.”
- “The biggest thing for me is walking in…and winning the prize.”
- “You got to give them the right pitch.” – Brandon T. Adams
- “What’s your unique value proposition? How are you different from your competition?”
- “Ideas breed more ideas.”
- “Find out who your contacts are.”
- “It’s all about who you know.” – Brandon T. Adams
- “It’s all about being on page one.”
- “It’s amazing what you can actually do.”
- “Timing is everything.” – Brandon T. Adams
- “I call myself the go-to-market expert.”
- “How many times have we gone through questioning or second-guessing ourselves and our capabilities?”
- “I thought to myself, ‘I have such a wealth of knowledge…and I need to use it for the greater good.’”
- “I want to be able to help people live their dreams.”
- “For me, it’s all about female empowerment.”
- “What’s your biggest goal in the world? Go do it. Just get it done.”
- “You got to surround yourself with the right kind of people.” – Brandon T. Adams
- “Tell the world what you want..” – Brandon T. Adams
- “There’s no guarantee in life. Why not take the risk when you can?”
Mentions in the Episode
- Live to Grind
- The Product Gurus
- Accelerant PR
- Arctic Stick
- Bed Bath & Beyond
- Matt Fifer
- Ambitious Adventures
- Lewis Howes
- Grant Cardone
- Lightbulb to Launch Starter – take this short starter course for $197 to learn the basics of bringing your idea to market.
- Lightbulb to Launch Series – fully invested in bringing your ideas to market? Take the full course series for $1997.
- Influencer Accelerator: LivetoGrind.com/influencer (application required)
- Check out my book at Live to Grind
- Email: email@example.com
- Snap me! @btadams18 – Tell me your ideas and I will snap you back.