Mental toughness. Mindset. Mind over matter.
Author, speaker, and performance consultant Ed Tseng speaks on the importance of serving others, staying motivated, and living in the moment.
A few highlights from this interview include:
– How Ed’s childhood upbringing led him to the place he is today.
– How educational failures can be transformed into educational success.
– Why mindset is so important when it comes to decision making.
– Ed’s best approach to mental toughness based on one’s individual life experience.
– How your mindset can prevent you from being present in life’s important moments.
– How your emotional state and mental state of thought are interconnected.
– Ed’s definition of success based on living in the present.
– Brandon and Ed’s book suggestions for self-improvement.
Ed Tseng is an internationally-recognized mental performance consultant, best-selling author, and TEDx speaker who has helped thousands of people win more in sports, business, academics, and life.
His book, Game. Set. Life. Peak Performance for Sports and Life has been on Amazon’s Top 10 for Sport Psychology and is featured annually at the US Open Championships.
Ed was named Pro of the Year for the USTA in 2005 and has shared his powerful message at places such as: TEDxPrincetonLibrary, TEDxCarnegieLake, Forbes, Rio Olympics, Golf Digest, Whole Foods Markets, Gulf Coast CEO Forum, Disney, The Huffington Post, The CrossFit Journal, Princeton Regional Chamber of Commerce, Leverage Sports and Entertainment Agency, Princeton University, Boys and Girls Club of Trenton, Special Olympics, Lawrence Township Police Department, Mercer County Juvenile Detention Center, and numerous businesses, schools and sports teams.
- “I went from being in school to into school.”
- “I never give people advice. I help them come up with their own solutions.”
- “We operate better when our minds are free and clear.”
- “There is no cookie cutter answer.”
- “Every strategy works for somebody. No strategy works for everybody.”
- “Just because we have a thought, doesn’t mean it is true.”
- “Our mind is the most powerful thing we have.” – Brandon T. Adams
- “Very few people are teaching what I’m teaching.”
- “We feel what we think.”
- “Don’t believe everything you think.”
- “The feeling is not the problem. Your reaction to the feeling is the problem.”
- “Happiness is an inside job.”
- “I love watching people go from breakdowns to breakthroughs.”
- “Happiness leads to success more often than success leads to happiness.”
Mentions in the Episode
- School of Greatness
- Accelerant Media Group
- Kevin Harrington
- Caleb Maddix
- Greg Rollett
- Lewis Howes
- Think and Grow Rich
- Napoleon Hill
- Pete Sampras
- Dr. Rob Gilbert
- Still Power
- Sydney Banks
- Rhinoceros Success
- Kairos Movement
- Tara Stiles
- John Lennon
- Email Ed to enter a contest for a free coaching session – winner will be randomly selected!
- Apply for a one-on-one mindset coaching package with Ed Tseng to improve areas such as focus, motivation, confidence and stress reduction so that you can increase your bottom line and crush your goals. Includes assessment, coaching calls, and unlimited access to Ed for the duration of the program. LTG podcast listeners will receive 25% OFF!
- See the services Brandon and his team offer at Accelerant Media Group.
- Email Brandon if you have an idea for his podcast show.
- Snap Brandon! @btadams18 – Tell me your ideas and I will snap you back.
- Catch up with Brandon on Instagram.
- Find Brandon on Facebook.