Are you living a balanced life or a fulfilled life?
Michael G. Dash is on the show today to talk about what it really means to feel fulfilled in your life. It’s more than working in your business, you’ve got to spend time and take care of yourself. Michael also talks about his journey with a gambling addiction and dealing with a lawsuit with a business partner. He teaches all of us how we shouldn’t make decisions based on your emotions. Take some time to cool off, then respond to the situation. He did also admit that people can enjoy such “vices” or entertainment (such as gambling using sites simlar to https://casino-korea.com/ and any others that people may enjoy gambling on) without it being detrimental to their livelihood, however there is a fine line that one has to be careful to not cross! This is the same with anything that can become an addiction. Take alcohol, for instance. Having a glass of wine or cold beer after a long or stressful day at work is not a bad thing and it certainly isn’t classed as an addiction. But drinking a bottle of wine (or any alcohol in excess) as a way of coping with any stress that you may be feeling is not a healthy reaction to stress. It is hard to tell when it goes from enjoying a glass or two to needing excessive amounts of alcohol, but it is important that you tell the difference. If you feel you need alcohol, then the likelihood is that you are addicted and you should consider getting help at an outpatient treatment center. If you just enjoy alcohol, in reasonable amounts, then there’s no need to worry. It is all about finding the right balance.
A few highlights from this interview include:
– Michael shares his entrepreneur journey and where he first got started!
– Although his business in recruitment was growing, he also was struggling with a 20-year gambling addiction.
– Michael talks about the moment with his brother when he decided to stop this addiction.
– What Michael focused his energy on now that he had so much time available to him after staying clean from gambling. For him, It was running and he ran 4 marathons in 5 years. Although what seemed like a better and healthy addition, but any addiction is not good.
– Brandon and Michael talk about addiction and trying to find that balance in life.
– Michael explains how he would much rather live a fulfilled life than a balanced one.
– How you shouldn’t make decisions based on your emotions.
– Michael shares his advice on how to deal with conflict in your business.
– How you can be fulfilled in your business.
Michael G. Dash, President, and CEO of Parallel HR Solutions has served clientele throughout the United States for 15 years by delivering customized solutions to their technical and financial staffing objectives
His unparalleled passion for the success of his clients and desire to outperform, outwork and deliver the highest quality of talent in the marketplace, has allowed Michael to establish himself as a leader in the industry.
Having graduated from the University of Maryland’s renowned business school, Michael served in a client services role for some of the major Fortune 100 companies in the world.
After spending 10 years of his career in Washington DC and then NYC, Michael’s devotion to the industry led him to Salt Lake City, Utah and Parallel HR Solutions. Michael’s philosophy is to continually pursue providing the highest level of personalized customer service and strategic fulfillment while going above and beyond the call of duty in order to exceed client’s expectations.
- “I don’t believe in the word balance. I believe in the word fulfillment.” – Michael G. Dash
- “You have to schedule fun!” – Michael G. Dash
- “You can’t get back time!” – Michael G. Dash
- “We are entrepreneurs and we want to win!” – Michael G. Dash
- “The bigger ego you have, the fewer people are going to like you.” -Michael G. Dash
- “Success is not easy.” – Michael G. Dash
- “If you don’t take care of yourself then you’re not going to be good for others.” – Michael G. Dash
Mentions in the Episode
- See the services Brandon and his team offer at Accelerant Media Group.
- Email Brandon if you have an idea for his podcast show.
- Snap Brandon! @btadams18 – Tell him your ideas and he will snap you back!
- Catch up with Brandon on Instagram.
- Find Brandon on Facebook.