The more Podcasting that I do the more I love doing it. You never know what kind of inspiration will come out on the show and the people I interview all have a unique story that can help you in some way. In this episode you will get to hear from a famous podcaster who has built one of the top podcasts in the country.
WATCH: Brandon Interviews John Lee Dumas of Entrepreneur on Fire
John Lee Dumas of the Entrepreneur on Fire Podcast has created a podcast that was awarded best of ITunes in 2013, it has 1,000,000 unique listeners each month, and generates over $250,000 in revenue each month. If you are thinking about starting a podcast this is an episode you won’t want to miss!
Beyond the podcasting world John tells us his deepest secrets of how he has become successful and what mistakes he made along the way. This has been one of my favorite guests on the show to date. Find out for yourself!
Questions I ask
- How did you transition from the Military to a successful entrepreneur?
- If you were to go back in time and make changes to your podcast before launching, what would you do?
- How do you get big names on your show and how do you get them to share content to their followers?
- Where do you see podcasting going in the next 5 years?
- What marketing strategies do you use to get your podcast out to everyone?
- How often do you make it a priority for vacation?
Topics we Discuss
- His life before Entrepreneur on Fire and the failures he had along the way
- The steps he made to build up to his podcast launch
- John Lee Dumas’s $100,000 mistake with Podcasting
- John’s Marketing Strategies with his podcast
- How he manages to get big names on his show and get them to share the content with their audience.
- How to make a unique podcast that stands out from the rest
Rapid Fire Questions
- What is your Best Investment to date?
- Berkshire Hathaway
- What is the Biggest Tip you could give to a Podcaster to Find Success with Podcasting?
- Be Authentic, Transparent, True to Yourself. Use your voice. Don’t try to be someone else, be yourself.
- Who are your Top 3 Mastermind Individuals you currently surround yourself with?
- Greg Hickman of System.LY
- Rick Mulready of rickmulready.com he is a Facebook Ads Guru
- Kate Erickson the Better half of Entrepreneur on Fire
- What is your all time favorite book that you would suggest to other young entrepreneurs?
- The One Thing by Gary Keller
- What is your Favorite Podcast to listen to?
- The Big Podcast by Shaquille O’Neal
- What is your Favorite Hobby?
- I’m still searching for my Hobby. I love to travel!
Message to Young Entrepreneurs in College
“If you are listening to this right now and you are in college you are a full decade ahead of me”
Quote by Albert Einstein
“Try not to become a person of success but rather become a person of value”
John Lee Dumas is a great person and inspiration that I look up to. Please be sure to check out his podcast and website. All the magic happens at www.EOFire.com. You can get free training with podcasting and webinars. Check out John Lee Dumas’s Podcast on ITunes. A new episode airs every single day. Prepare to Ignite!